Saturday, November 26, 2016

I Wore a Hole

Do I dare go to Target today?  Yes, I must.  I need to color my hair before my trip on Wednesday.  So I need some #9 Natural Blonde (yeah, right).  Let's hopeTarget isn't slammed.

I worked on the left side tree of The Owl and the Pussycat.  The trunk is covered in spangles.  You need a beading size needle to go through the spangles' holes.  Each spangle has three stitches to hold it down.

 I wore a hole in my finger putting on spangles and I'm not even done yet.  I started the right side tree.  It's easier as Italian mesh ribbon covers its trunk.  I got a few pieces of purl pearl put on too.  I know it doesn't look like I did much but handwork like this takes forever.

  This piece is starting to look close to being done.  Hey, I found the mica moon that I couldn't find a while back.  And I found the guitar that will go in the hands of the owl.

I decided to add more bullion knots to the Queen's hair before I put the loops on.  I tried it on one side and it looks good.

I got some eggnog made from coconut milk.  It's good!  Especially for the lactose intolerant.  I saw a video of Martha Stewart making candied orange peel and I want to try it her way. It takes a long time though.  Then I also saw a recipe for cinnamon and sugar pretzels (Pampered Chef).  I want to try that too.  There are just too many good things to eat this time of year.
A


2 comments:

  1. So many things to try and so little time. I love that Owl and Pussycat piece. So beautiful. Your queen is looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such projects.
    OUCH! Hope your finger heels.
    Maybe use one of those thimble pads to protect it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete