Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Last One

I got good mail yesterday.  I got the last kit for this year's Silver Needle club, A Little Help from Our Friends Stitching Circle.  I really like Drawn Thread Designs and I have been waiting for this one.  I was very tempted by her latest releases but I wanted to see what her club design looked like.
I have made a few of Drawn Thread's sewing pockets before and I really like them.  I sorted out the colors of floss and would like to start this one soon.
Along with the design we got a couple of other presents, an ort jar (perfect size) and a Stitchy Dot needle minder.

I'm trying to resist signing up for yet another year of this club.  I'll have to think about it.

I also got my Paper Pumpkin kit.

 I have a birthday card to make.  Speaking of birthdays, today is a very special day.  Evan turns one year old.  Oh my, has it been a fun year to see him grow and develop and to see his personality emerge.  He is just so cute.  It is such a blessing to have a DIL who is such a great mom to our grandchildren.

Also in the mail yesterday was the latest issue of Just Cross Stitch.
There were a lot of designs in it.  Not really my style.

I tried out my Omanik frame.  I don't think I put the linen in right.  I'll have look at a tutorial on Youtube.  I think I had the linen in backwards.  So I need to try again.  I had a question about how long it took to get the frame.  I ordered it and was told it would be two weeks before it was sent. And it was.  After it was sent, I got a tracking number and was able to track it to New York but I couldn't get any information after that.  It took about 8 or 9 days for it to get from New York to me.  I presume some of that time was spent in customs.
Still working on my pre-stitching.  I'll show you tomorrow.
A


4 comments:

  1. `Threads that Bind` a lovely sewing pocket. Enjoy. Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking on this lovely sewing pocket since commenting before. Mine is on it`s way, looking out for postie :) I can see starting quite quickly on it.Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful kit.
    love and smiles x

    ReplyDelete