Friday, June 9, 2017

A Green Box

I painted the box from A Stitcher's Heart.  I wanted a teal color and I took the floss "Fennel" to Hobby Lobby with me to select a color.  I found a paint color that was close to the floss and thought I was all set.  Then I had to go to the bathroom.  I left the paint just outside the bathroom door.  When I came back, it was gone.   Was it the cosmos telling me to pick another color?
 I walked over to the paint and picked up the same color.  I looked at the box this morning and I don't like it.  It is too dark.

 I guess the paint matches the teal colored bird inside the box.

So what do I do?  I could try another color.  I could mix a color. I could just live with the color.  I could distress it with sandpaper like I did the Blackbird Designs box.  I have to think about this.

I stitched another Barbara Jackson egg.

I plan on finishing it off today.

I'm sunburned.  I put some stuff in a friend's yard sale yesterday.  I was out working in the sun and have some red bits today.  I also got 18,000 steps in.  That is almost a record.  Yes, I was tempted to take a day off from walking but I didn't.  Who knows if I will take time at the retreat next week to walk?  I usually do, but last year I got lost and barely made it back.
A

5 comments:

  1. Wow I love the box so much .its so pretty
    And your stitching is super lovely
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I would probably still be walking somewhere, directionally challenged as I am.

    Teal is difficult. Usually too bold, hard to find a soft shade. Do whatever is necessary to make you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally like the color.
    But then, I like anything blue/green. :)
    Maybe if you want it toned down a bit you could Briwax it?
    The egg is very pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know where to begin? Changing your diet for the purpose of healthy eating is easier said than done. It takes time to make the sort of adjustments that stick. You will not see results overnight. But it Health Hearbs 365 will make you healthier, not to mention it will help you look great as you age. You may or may not know how to get started. In any case, the following tips should help you learn to eat well and improve your diet, regardless of your starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should pick a software program that gives you the maximum Management Software features required to receive your work done satisfactorily. Nobody provider produces all 3 types of manufacturing software. You're able to now locate this kind of software that's easy to use and plugs right into the remainder of the programs which you already understand how to use, or so the learning curve is minimal.

    ReplyDelete