Friday, June 23, 2017

Goodbye Phoenix

Last Sunday was all about getting home.  Since I woke up so early, I had time to go walking again.  I've been good here in Phoenix and have walked every day. We were packed up and checked out by 8 a.m.  BFF dropped me and BFF#2 off at the airport.  This sounds simple but it wasn't as there is a lot of construction going on at the Phoenix airport.  I was sad to say goodbye to my BFFs.

They were looking for volunteers to take a later flight. No way Jose.  I had a while before my plane left so I sat and stitched.  I didn't have any scissors so I went looking for something to cut thread.  The closest I could get was some fingernail scissors.  Whatever works.

 I was really glad I had eaten breakfast at the hotel.  Nothing looked good to me at the airport, well, except candy.  I figured I would buy a box of snacks on the plane. As it turned out, they only had sandwiches on the plane, no boxed snacks.  Rats.  I watched the Beauty and the Beast movie on the plane.  That made the trip go way faster.  I started watching Hidden Figures.  It is a good movie.  I'll have to see if Amazon has it so I can see the rest of the movie.  I was worried about catching the second flight as my plane landed way at the end of A concourse as the second flight was boarding on the B concourse.  I walked really fast and made it in time.  The second flight was only a short half hour one.
DH picked me up at the airport.

Phoenix was a great trip and I had fun with my BFFs.  BFF#2 is moving this week to a town very close to me so we'll be able to get together and stitch.  It will be great.  I'll see BFF in a few weeks when we visit DS#1.  Here is where I am on my plane project, My Stitcher's Heart pin cushion:

Here is where I am on the main part of the Phoenix project:

I've got some good mail to show you tomorrow.
A

2 comments:

  1. Love reading of your time away and stitching. We are travelling to USA in September and so glad we will have friend with us to work our where flights are.Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on your projects.
    Can't wait to see your new mail. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete