Monday, June 5, 2017

Something New

This kit has been sitting around just waiting for me to start it.  A Stitcher's Heart.

  I decided to put the paper inside the box.  I had a few goofs that I wanted to let you know about.  First, I read the instructions.  I didn't say I followed the instructions but I did read them.  I didn't have the spray to seal the box so I didn't.  I bought some Mod Podge but discovered I had some already. I used the old Mod Podge.  I cut out the two papers to fit the box.

I put the Mod Podge on the sides of the box and stuck the first paper on.  But by the time I stuck it on, half of the box had already dried.  So I had to be faster at getting the paper on.  I tried to push the paper into one of the corners and it tore a little.  Oops.

 Then I was more generous with the Mod Podge for the second piece of paper.  I positioned it (carefully!) but I didn't realize that the paper shrinks a bit in the process.  So I had a strip of while showing.  ARGH.

What to do about my goofs?
 I had some leftover pieces of the paper to cut little strips to put over my goofs so I patched it.  I don't think the patches are very noticeable.  So my box isn't perfect but I think it looks okay.


I covered the piece of cardboard with batting and fabric for the bottom.  I love that everything was included in the kit.
I need to paint the outside.  The pattern calls for red but I think I'll paint it blue.  Maybe I should have painted it first.  Too late now.  Don't worry, I'll be careful.

The walking is done and the bathrooms are clean.  BFF#2 is in town today and we're getting together later, that will be fun.
A

8 comments:

  1. Looking lovely. Thanks for the information on finishing the sides. Maybe a challenge for me. My kit is in the post. So looking forward to this project.Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you started this project as i would like to see it finished Amy
    dq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am a new follower, you are brave to paint the exterior after finishing the interior!! I want to hear how that works out!! I love the cover of the box, looking forward to seeing the finished piece. Mary@stitchingfriendsforever2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article...!

    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited,Thank you for sharing good topic.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty..
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete